Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Know I'm Late But....

This blog post is concerning an individual that a matter of weeks ago may have truly put his career on the road to recovery. That would be none other than the man who a little over a year ago was despised, hated, and band from a number of events and shows, Chris Brown. One of entertainments biggest names in '08 went through '09 wearing more sunglasses than Kool Mo Dee, Diddy, and Jack Nicholas combined. Well I do not really want to go into the incident that cost Chris Brown and his career dearly but many of you already know that there was an altercation between Chris and Rhianna in which he physically assualted her. I will never say that it is alright to do that, but the problem is when the assaulted party acts as though this was the act of an abusive person. That the abused did nothing wrong. Listen people, take responsibility for your role in any accident, incident, or event. Was Chris right for what he did, HELL F%^&&*(& NO!!! But when anyone gets mad there is a breaking point it's just some have more self control than others. Not to mention he was and still is very young. Meaning for a lot of us self control comes with maturity and age. For others it is instilled from a young age. I'm not sure where Chris Brown's maturity level or self control stands but obviously on that night anger got the best of him and the results were far from good. An ex-girlfriend, a career on hold, a mother that was disappointed but still supportive, disgusted fans, a criminal record, and negative publicity in the media. Damn Chris, she pissed you off to the point where you didn't think of any of those things. However, between the night of the Rhianna incident and last months BET Awards one of the worlds greatest if not the greatest entertainers of all time, Michael Jackson passed away. Mike was also Chris Brown's idol. STOP! Let's leave his issues out of this right now, and keep it at Chris Brown. At the time of Mike's death Chris was still dealing with the case and backlash from the Rhianna incident. Band from many different award shows, and then Jackson tributes he was never able to show his love, admiration, and respect to Michael Jackson. Plus, let's face it people the tributes I did see in honor of the "King of Pop" were rather lame, corny, or half-a$$. Just my opinion. Now there was the Neo tribute that I found to be very good where he sang "Lady in My Life", and the Janet performance on the MTV Music Awards that was nice. Other than that I didn't find the tributes to be nearly as good as what Chris Brown performed in a matter of minutes. To watch it at first, I sat in awe as if it was the return of my favorite artist. Or that the King himself was back on stage for one night only. When Chris Brown began performing "Man in The Mirror" I felt his emotion. I felt as though he was letting the whole world know that the words in that song were a testiment to what he will have to do, may have began doing, and will need to continue to do in order to rebuild his name and his own character. Plus these words came from someone that Chris really was a huge fan of. Not everyone, but those of us who have that one celebrity whether an actor, entertainer, or athlete that we JUST LOVE! I think Michael Jackson was that for Chris Brown. All in all I believe that Chris Brown's performance was AWESOME! Now, does that mean because he came out and danced like Michael Jackson that he is forgiven and we can all forget what he did? No. If you still held ill will, hate, or disgust for Chris Brown up to June 27th minutes before his performance than I am sure you still do. If you felt that he made a huge mistake, and you hope and pray that he learned from his mistake, and wish him the best going forward before his performance than all it did was boost your hopes for him even more. So Chris Brown, I sir feel the latter. In no way is hitting a woman right. Take it from a child who grew up in a home where there was domestic violence. Where I have seen my mothers face swollen, contusions, and black eyes. So you will never hear me say, "that's cool". But I am on the trip with Chris Brown on his road to redemption. That's it for me folks. I will holla at yall real soon when I will talk about my experience at a Norfolk Tides game where I may have encountered the 11th wonder of the world. Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Trey Songz,
    I hope this letter finds you well. Congrats on your recent success. I just wanted to write and say thank you for taking care of my career for the past year or so, but I'll be taking it back now.
    Sincerely,
    Chris Brown

    ReplyDelete